Ideal for Family Sized Cooking, This Kitchen Appliance Can Pressure Cook, Air Fry, Bake, Roast, Broil and More
Instant Pot Lentils and Rice Recipe
This Instant Pot Lentils and Rice recipe is a simple one-pot meal ideal for a busy weeknight. This dish is flavorful and healthy because the lentils and rice are cooked with fragrant spices and vegetable broth. It's also vegan and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot using the Saute function.
- Sauté the diced onion and minced garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the ground cumin, smoked paprika, ground turmeric, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir in the brown lentils, white basmati rice, and vegetable broth in the Instant Pot.
- Turn the steam release valve to the sealing position and close the Instant Pot lid.
- Set the cooking time to 22 minutes on high pressure by pressing the Manual or Pressure Cook button.
- Allow for a 10-minute natural pressure release after the cooking time is finished.
- Then, to relieve any remaining pressure, turn the steam release valve to the venting position.
- With a fork, fluff the lentils and rice in the Instant Pot.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Pressure Cooking Accessories
Stackable Egg Steamer Rack Accessory For Instant Pot Pressure Cookers
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker
Pressure Cooker Perfection
Presto 8-Quart Pressure Cooker
Pressure Cooking Recipes
Instant Pot Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Curry Chicken with Rice Recipe
Instant Pot Chickpea Curry and Rice Recipe